Google, Inc., Mountain View, CA. AdWords Associate, March 2002 present.
- Assist new advertisers with the creation and management of their advertising accounts.
- Respond to client service inquiries via telephone and email.
Rational Software, Cupertino, CA. Content Producer, July 2001 March 2002.
- Using Vignette, FileMaker and HomeSite, produce and publish online content for the Rational Developer's Network. The RDN is an internal website for clients of Rational Software, containing articles and information on how to better utilize Rational's software products.
Group, Inc., Foster City, CA. Associate Website Producer, August
2000 July 2001.
One of the highest-profile e-commerce
companies to fall victim to first downturn of the New Economy, Webvan
declared bankruptcy in July, 2001.
- Liaised with Webvan partners, marketers, editors, developers and graphic designers to produce stellar on-site marketing splash pages and microsites.
- Created procedures by which marketing, strategic alliances, and business development personnel would request on-site promotional materials to be produced. Implemented timelines and general structure to the Webvan website production process.
- Organized and coordinated weekly production process of weekly specialized marketing content.
Herndon, VA. Product Manager, June 1999 July 2000.
a retailer providing a B2B solution for buying and selling telecommunications services online, decided to offer relocation
packages to all employees working in Sunnyvale, CA. Employees who did not elect to relocate to Virgina were offered severance
- Researched, wrote and produced comprehensive written and visual content on various wireless products for the Simplexity website, including world phones, 3G, wireless internet access and two-way paging.
- Redesigned and integrated the TalkingOnAir (a B2C ecommerce website purchased by Simplexity) user interface into Simplexity's model.
- Successfully transitioned TalkingOnAir data and content following acquisition by Simplexity.
- Maintained, updated and released new daily versions of the website, as well as developed and managed the site's informative resource center, using HTML, FTP, Telnet and Adobe Photoshop.
- Developed and cultivated data and content for internet retailer of wireless phones and service.
Metro Newspapers, San Jose, CA. National Sales Coordinator, January 1998 May 1999.
- Researched, compiled and wrote cohesive advertising department procedures manual and marketing material, including sales proposals, demographic information and client service letters.
- Oversaw correct placement of all national advertising into four alternative and five community weekly newspapers. Served as a calming liaison between harried national sales representatives, media buyers and accounting and production personnel.
Disneyland, Anaheim, CA. Jungle Cruise Skipper, May 1996 September 1996.
- Narrated the Jungle Cruise attraction, a light-hearted riverboat adventure based on the Humphrey Bogart film, The African Queen. Disneyland guests claim it's hard to say what's more entertaining, the amazing lifelike animals or the wisecracking skippers.
- Directed the flow of traffic through Adventureland during special shows and parades.
- Did whatever was necessary to assist Disneyland guests and help make their experience at The Happiest Place on EarthTM one to remember.
San Jose Mercury News, San Jose, CA. Eye Teen Movie Reviewer, 1991 1993.
- Based on writing skills, was selected from a pool of hundreds of entries to write film critiques for a major U.S. Newspaper. On a monthly basis, wrote compelling and informative film reviews for publication.
EDUCATION & HONORS
Pomona College, Claremont, CA. Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies, May 1997. GPA: 3.6.
Ranked as the 5th best liberal arts college nationwide in U.S. News and World Report's 1999 college rankings.
- Photography Editor, The Student Life, September 1996-May 1997, Staff Photographer, 1995-1996.
- Pomona College Scholar, 1995-1996. Earned by maintaining a 3.66 GPA or better for both semesters.
- Team Captain, Pomona-Pitzer Women's Tennis Team, 1997.
- Nationally ranked 9th in doubles and 49th in singles, NCAA Division III Women's Tennis, 1997.
- Most Inspirational Player, Pomona-Pitzer Women's Tennis Team, May 1996.